The primary goal of the TRAIN-ECO project is to develop training materials on eco-innovation for electronics professionals and entrepreneurs from SMEs and start-ups. SMEs and start-ups play an important role in the EU economy and need to transition to sustainable business models in order to support EU’s efforts to build a green economy. For example, waste from the electronics industry, known as e-waste, is an increasingly large problem for the EU and the world. However, currently SME and start-up staff lack the training and skills necessary to develop innovative and eco-sustainable electronics products that comply with EU regulations. To address this, TRAIN-ECO will:
• Develop training materials on eco-innovation that leads to sustainable development, and quality management in electronics product development
• Develop training materials on EU environmental and safety standards
• Design a MOOC that will comprehensively cover the above topics
• Create shorter e-modules on these topics and an open repository of project materials
• Create guidelines for VET providers on how to incorporate our learning materials into flexible continuing VET education programs and courses
All of our objectives have been set in recognition of the specific needs of electronics professionals and entrepreneurs. Since working professionals often lack time to engage in longer-term continuing VET programs, TRAIN-ECO will pay special attention to creating flexible learning opportunities for this group, in particular by designing a MOOC and a series of shorter e-modules on eco-innovation. In addition to staff from SMEs and start-ups, we will target continuing education learners, students of electronics engineering and VET and adult education providers, who will be able to freely use TRAIN-ECO materials.
– Multiplier events for evaluation of training material by industry companies